I'VE GOT THE ROOTEN' TOOTEN BLUES!

Written By Arman Zulhajar on Thursday, September 17, 2009 | 6:45 AM

Howdy sassy ladies...oh have i got the rooten' tooten' blues! All my sisters are hitchin' up their sassy lil' trailers and hittin' the open road! happy trails to you sisters on the fly...


while this sweet lil' cupcake is sitten at home with the ol' sad song playin' in the background...can you hear the ol' coon hound howlin' in the back? hmmmm sigh...so a lil' trailer post to get this gal through the ol' rooten' tooten' blues. so first here is lil' cupcake my 1953 field and stream .This ol' photo is when we first brought her home all dirty and unloved... boo hoohoo!


yes me and sweet lil' cupcake are home not hitchin' up, not singin' happy trails...we are home tendin' to my lil' chick...but dreamin' of those ol' antique stores we like to stop at...and the ol' sassy tunes playin' as we roll through the open country...



hummmmmm...happy trails...sigh!


you see i was headin' on out for a fun sisters on the fly trip with lil' cupcake today but had to say wo' lil' doggy...as one of my lil' chicks is havin' a hard time breathing...
yes my sad sad heart...so miss lil' chick will need throat surgery in a few weeks...so i just couldn't leave her side... my heart would worry soooo i'm stay'in with baby chick...why yes!This Vintage housewife...wouldn't have it any other way...{she will be fine gals so don't worry, but please pray}





so because these lil' wheels won't be hittin' the open road i thought to post a lil' trailer fun while the gals are gone...every few days...i hope... i will post a few pictures of my sweet, darlin' sisters trailers...eekkkkk isn't that fun! kinda a lil' trailer adventure for all of us on the home front...



so first up..."the vintage housewife and lil' cupcake"

oh my word...this fluffy pink goody... my lil' kitchen...with a lil' painting on the wall of yummy cake goodies and sweet lil' cookbooks...which they read...

"Sisters on the fly" dishin' & fish-in'
"God's pink poodle" sugared goodies cookbook
"The vintage housewife's" house work helper
Daddy-o's trailer fixin' manual
Lil' chick's sweet & treats
Campin' with a wanderer's soul


next the front of my trailer...which i wanted to break up and make different from the back so we made kinda a candy store stripe on the bottom cabinets...i really wasn't sure at first but loved it when it was done....




next....

my favorite thing in my trailer...my 1950's melmac pink cups ...16 of them...a wonderful ebay find...i have had more comments on the cups than anything in my trailer...




now the back...





i wanted to tell the story of my trailer...having a vintage car and my lovely vintage clothes i had searched for years for the purrrrfect 1953' trailer...well after about 10 years of looking i found this sweet dream...she was the purrrrfect size and color...and year...sooooo daddy-o & I went to go get her...i have to admit when i saw the shape she was in...i gagged! But he said we can do it...as i said no way! i am so thankful he said we can do it...i love her...


we spent many of summer nights as a family workin' on her...and low and behold i found out about sister's on the fly...i couldn't believe there were other gals out there like me...who love these lil' trailers! so in a blink of an eye i joined and had my first trip a week and a half later...we'll i went and was hooked!


oh sweet goodness...this is the back where the bed is...it is sooooo comfy...i decorated it with bubble gum pink goodies...and fluffy comforters and feather bedding...it's like floating on a cloud...this kitten even found a pink embroidered heart quilt...purrrrrrrrfect for snugglin' up with...

you see each lady is sooooo different...and each trailer reflects that...i am the only 1950's themed trailer... although each lady tries to collect that era of camping goodies...it is sooo much fun to see each gals trailer and all their fun goodies...



i wanted my lil' cupcake trailer to reflect my style" the vintage housewife" full of what a 50's housewife might use in her lil' trailer...so i have many kitchen goodies, vintage dishes, 50's luggage, aprons, magazines, campin' thingy's and 50's ironin' board and sweet kitchen stool...all in pink. Even though pink isn't my favorite color...it was fun collecting all that yummy pink goodness!
My 1953 lil' cupcake has been pictured in Maryjanes Farm magazine and featured in Porch magazine as well...and i have been so honored to have many sassy ladies visit her and have their pictures taken with her...best of all is you gals and your sweet as sugar cookies comments! Thank you!




so i am so happy you'all swung by for a lil' trailer adventure...keep stoppin' in and check to see a few of my sisters trailers in the next week...i'll keep the fire burnin'...

happy trails...have a blast sisters...thanks for swingin' by my place...cat #997 a rooten' tooten' sassy vintage lil' junkin'rebel road sister...that's me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment