Katy Perry from the Front Row.. ♥

Written By Arman Zulhajar on Sunday, October 30, 2011 | 12:50 PM

So on Wednesday, my best friend and I drove up to Birmingham city centre, unpacked our bags at the hotel, then went off for the best night of my life! We booked tickets back in March to see Katy Perry at the NIA. October felt like ages away, but then it came around so quickly, and all of a sudden it was party time! 

Doors opened at 6pm and we started queuing at 5pm in the freezing cold (without coats!) but luckily it didn't rain, and we were almost at the front of the queue. Once we got inside the arena we ran excitedly into the hall where we were squealing with delight that we were within the first 50 people inside and therefore we ran straight to the front near the stage. We did have a few (3) lanky ginger lads in front of us (who all happened to not be related/friends), one of which persistently held his pale arm up in the air in front of me the whole time, and ruined many photo ops for me. 

Anyway, after listening to what I expect was a whole album by some Norwegian band, we then had a pretty cool DJ play some songs to get everyone in the party mood. And then we had to wait for another hour before Katy Perry came out due to 'technical difficulties'. During this wait, we saw a good 6+ girls faint and had to be carried out by the burly security guards. So then a few plastic cups of water were handed out to try and keep people from keeling over. 

Finally, the show started! Eeee I was SO excited!! I screamed and sang aloud and jumped and danced :) It was so good. She was such a crowd pleaser and is so funny, making jokes about the British and her hubby. She was such a great entertainer and I loved every minute of it. She had great costumes which she changed regularly, fun themed sets, great dancers and sung SO well. She sang songs from her old album and her new one, so there were songs for everyone. During the show, she really interacted with the crowd by inviting a man up on stage with her, she then proceeded to take his top off, grope his rather large chest, give him a kiss, and then let him kiss her! Hilarious. She also got a few people on the stage to dance along with her, and chose a young girl wearing a blue wig to take a personal photo with her on the girls camera. So cute! She also threw out some 'Katy Perry' branded candy, which I caught one of! She only threw out about 6! Eeee!

The show ended with the song I was most excited about hearing 'Firework' and I was hyperventilating thinking that she wasn't going to sing it! But she saved the best until last. And BOY it was the best, and it made me just as emotional as I was expecting. She hung it with all her heart, and she said it was her favourite song to perform. The perfomance ended with a display of real fireworks on her stage, GIANT inflatable beach balls being thrown into the crowd, her squirting the crowd with a HUGE candy striped foam gun, and then being completely covered in heart and sweetie-shaped confetti. Definatley the most amazing night ever.

So these are my photos taken on my very own camera! I wish ginge hadn't ruined some of my other ones that would have been awesome if his arm wasn't in them. Boo! Katy Perry is offically the sexiest, most beautiful woman EVER!






















The 2 photos above are not my own.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment